The first shot is of the Bell Tower/Steeple of Saint John’s church at 105 Chapel Street downtown. This is the other beacon of Portsmouth, also visible from nearly anywhere in the downtown area. Along Chapel St. also sits a few tombs built into the lawn of the church’s property.
Some info on the church from the web “This church was built in 1807 as the successor to the 1732 Queen’s Chapel. The church contains 17th and 18th century antiques, including a steeple bell that came from France to Nova Scotia in the mid 1700s. Colonial soldiers took the bell as a souvenir and presented it to Queen’s Chapel in 1745. Damaged when the chapel burned in 1806, the bell was recast by Paul Revere.”